Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 4

It's been a while. New job, new lifestyle, new life really. New friends new money new clothes. New attitude.

This one is going to be about loyalty. Possibly the most important quality in a person. I've really learnt a lot about loyalty and how it works, why and what kind of people recieve mine. But also the different types of loyalty.


There is loyalty over time, born purely due to unwavering assistance and support that never falters.

Loyalty of that of a king to his subjects, whom he owes a duty of protection. But this has many ways of manifesting it's self. The one most prominent in my life right now being the one of a teacher to a student.

The way that a teacher takes his inspiration from his students success and revels in the glory of helping others achieve.

Also that of student to teacher. Disciple to master. Soldier to general. The knowledge that if this person asked you would do, with out hesitation, but coupled with the knowledge that they would never abuse that privilage. And I am proud to say that there are few people who command this sort of loyalty from me. But those who do will have it for life.

That of the loyalty to oneself. Standing by what you believe is right no matter who is telling you that you are wrong. Because there are not many better feelings than knowing you stood up for what you believed was right and not many worse feelings than the feeling of wishing you had.

I've been lucky enough to have experienced all of these in the past few weeks. I've met people I would gladly walk infront of traffic for.

And people who I crave to teach new things and help make more successful.

Although there are people out there who do abuse the privilage of these things. And they are not to be put up with. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice... Shame on me. If someone abuses these privilages, do not be misguided by the fact that they are smiling and friendly. Because some one who will abuse it once will abuse it twice.

Do not let them and do not accept an apology.

Because those who do not respect. Do not deserve to be respected.

Mr XL.

No comments:

Post a Comment